The Global Partnership for Education was active at all these events, but also continued its important country-level work to support the preparation and implementation of education plans in 61 developing countries.
Over the past year, the Global Partnership:
- welcomed Bangladesh and the Republic of Congo as new partners
- calculated that it takes only $1.18 to pay for a day of education for a child in a developing country, from primary to secondary school
- received new funding from Canada
- allocated more than $245 million in grants to partner countries and disbursed more than $400 million
- adopted a new strategy for the next 5 years.
See these and other highlights in our Year in Review video.