As the world emerges from the COVID-19 crisis, the Transforming Education Summit will provide an opportunity to mobilize greater political ambition, commitment, and action to reverse the slide on Sustainable Development Goal 4. It will gather major education actors, such as Ministers of Education, UN Organizations, youth, private sector and more.
The Summit, convened by the UN Secretary-General António Guterres, will take place in New York in September 2022, and aims to place education at the top of the global political agenda.
A pre-summit is taking place at UNESCO's Headquarters in Paris this week to “harness the evolving discussions and generate greater momentum in the lead up to the Summit in September”.
As co-lead of the Summit Action Track on Education Financing, GPE is leveraging 20 years of mobilizing partners, driving innovation and financing lasting change for children to help the summit process generate bold action.
GPE leadership, partner country education ministers and a group of GPE youth leaders are attending the pre-summit this week. Below are some of the events that will feature GPE partners. You can also consult the full program.
- Transforming Education Pre-Summit: Youth Forum
- June 28 – all day
- Gender transformative education: Reimagining education for a just and inclusive world (session during the Youth Forum)
- June 28 - 15:50-16:30 Paris
- Transformative emergency education response mechanisms and financing
- June 28 - 16:00-17:30 Paris
- High-level dialogue to drive action towards ending violence in schools
- June 29
- Transforming Financing for Education
- June 29 at 15:30 Paris
You can follow the summit online via webcast and on social media via Twitter and by following #TransformingEducation.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.