This webinar, titled “Let’s talk education finance: A new guide for monitoring education budgets”, will present the new Guidelines for the Monitoring of National Education Budgets, developed in response to education stakeholders’ need for technical resources to facilitate their engagement in discussions on education financing.
During the webinar, presenters will discuss how effective engagement of local education stakeholders in monitoring of education spending can be instrumental in advocating for adequate national budget allocations and expenditures, along with overseeing effective and transparent financial management.
- Introduce the guidelines and discuss how different education stakeholders can effectively advocate for increased allocations to the sector and monitor the efficiency and equity of spending,
- Present highlights and key messages from the World Bank study on resource mobilization and spending effectiveness,
- Discuss the role of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in monitoring education budgets and spending.
- Raphaelle Martinez, Team Lead for Education Policy and Learning, GPE
- Margaret Irving, Thematic Lead for Education Financing and Data Systems, GPE
- Samer Al-Samarrai, Senior Economist, World Bank
- Vernor Muñoz, Head of Policy and Advocacy, Global Campaign for Education (GCE)
- Maryline Mangenot, Head of Campaigns and Communications, Global Campaign for Education (GCE)