The 2019 edition of the Mobiles for Education Alliance (mEducation Alliance) symposium will take place on October 9-11 under the theme: Digitial Literacy and Skills for Education and Development.
The event will be a mix of interactive sessions in dynamic formats including lighting talks, interviews, dynamic panel presentations, gallery walks, and impactful and intentional networking opportunities.
Sub-themes of this year’s Symposium include:
- Bootstrapping Digital Literacy: Where there is No Computer
- Digital Literacy for Youth Entrepreneurship and Employment
- Equity, Inclusion, and Digital Literacy (e.g., young women and learners with disabilities)
- Using Digital Literacy to Advance 21-st Century Foundational Skills of Reading, Writing, and Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Get S.T.E.M ed! – Using ICTs to Deliver Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Instruction in Low-Resource Settings
- Digital Youth Leaders for Development – Engaging Youth through Digital Literacy for Supporting Community Sector Development (e.g., education, health, agriculture)
- Competencies for and Measuring Digital Literacy in Low-Resource Settings for Teachers and Learners
- Funding Digital Literacy in Challenging Environments
- Using AI and Machine Learning in Low-Resource Context to Track Digital Skills Attainment.