Together with partners UNESCO, UN Major Group for Children and Youth, UN Women, UNCTAD, UNHCR, UNFPA, GPE is co-organizing an ECOSOC Youth Forum breakout session on youth engagement in transforming education.
Focused on building a future for and with youth and students, the session will discuss the urgency for local youth-led action and amplify youth perspectives on the future of education.
By sharing proposed strategies and shedding light on current youth-led solutions in local communities, panelists will highlight the role of youth and students in strengthening formal and informal education and improving learning outcomes.
Join the conversation by adding your photo here and sharing with your friends on social media to highlight the positive change we see in our world when #YouthLead!
Moderator: Ulises Brengi, SDG4Youth Network Transforming Education Summit Youth Advisor
- Sobhi Tawil, Director of Future of Learning and Innovation, UNESCO
- Loes van der Graaf, Education Focal Point, MGCY
- Noella Bidikukeba Ilunga, UNHCR
- Guncha Annageldiyeva, UNFPA
- Andres Allan Sanchez Osorio, OHCHR
- Asimawu Tahiru, GPE Youth Leader, Ghana
- Selin Ozunaldim, UN Women
- Muhammad Sarim Raza, UNCTAD
- Melissa Diamond, UN MGCY
- Smriti Khemka, UNESCO
- Armel Azihar, SDG4Youth Transforming Education Summit Youth Advisor and GPE Youth Leader
Time: 13:30 – 15:00 ET / 17:30 – 19:00 GMT / 19:30 – 21:00 CET