COVID-19 has affected the education of over one billion people – with girls, children with disabilities and children in emergencies critically impacted. The World Bank projects a potential 10% cut in education budgets. Urgent action is needed to protect and increase education budgets, and to ensure inclusive, quality education for all.
On the margins of the IMF - World Bank 2021 Spring meetings, the World Bank Information Center, Education Cannot Wait, Humanity & Inclusion, Global Campaign for Education, Global Partnership for Education, Inclusive Education and Early Childhood Community of Practice, Open Society Foundations and World Vision International will hold a discussion on how the challenges and solutions to make education financing reach the most marginalized during COVID-19 response and recovery.
Alice Albright, CEO of Global partnership for education will participate in the panel.
Time: 10:00 – 11:30 EDT / 15:00 – 16:30 CET/ 11:00 – 12:30 ART
- Moderator: Camilla Croso, Director of Education, Open Society Foundation
- Opening remarks: Vernor Muñoz, Head of Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns, GCE
- Nicolas Trotta, Minister of Education, Argentina
- Aksel Jakobsen, State Secretary, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Jaime Saavedra, Global Director for Education, The World Bank
- Alice Albright, CEO, Global Partnership for Education
- Yasmine Sherif, Executive Director, Education Cannot Wait
Registrations close on Monday, March 22, 2021.