The Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) has potential to end the disempowering dependency that has defined Africa for decades. It is time for African integration to connect people, economies, markets, neighbors and new generations of leaders to create new pathways for development of the continent.
This session will discuss how Africa beyond aid is possible in practice. Particularly, it will discuss the way forward to develop self-reliance narratives, acquisition of new technology, promoting knowledge economies, utilizing resources appropriately, exporting homegrown solutions and expanding markets within Africa.
This intergenerational dialogue will present African youth as key stakeholders to propel the "Africa beyond Aid" vision. It will bring youth perspectives, solutions, and innovations that contributes towards integrated and prosperous Africa.
The dialogue will further inspire young Africans to listen, exchange and build on what has been achieved, and jointly think of ways to accelerate the continental transformation.
- H.E. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo - President of the Republic of Ghana
- H.E. Paul Kagame - President of the Republic of Rwanda
- Patrice Motsepe – President of the Confederation of African Football and Business Leader
- Alloysius Attah – Co-Founder and CEO, Farmerline
- Angel Mbuthia – GPE Youth Leader and COMESA Youth Advisory Panel
- Sefora Kodjo – CEO Fondation SEPHIS
Time: 10:00 - 13:30 ET / 14:00 - 17:30 GMT / 16:00 - 19:30 CET