The government of Sierra Leone and Save the Children are hosting this event on the sidelines of the High-Level Political Forum 2020 to raise awareness about the impact of COVID-19 on children’s education and well being, and the urgency of coordinated global action.
Global education leaders will share positive global policy and funding practices and discuss what must be done to ensure the right to education is fulfilled during and after the pandemic.
- Dr. David Moinina Sengeh, Minister of Education, Sierra Leone
- Dag-Inge Ulstein, Minister of International Development, Norway
- Maria Victoria Angulo, Minister of Education, Colombia
- Jaime Saavedra, Global Director of Education, World Bank
- Kevin Watkins, CEO, Save the Children UK
- Child advocate
The event will be available in English and Spanish.