Ahead of the Global Education Summit: Financing GPE 2021-2025 (July 28-29, 2021) and on the margins of CSW, the UK, Kenya, France and Senegal, with support from GPE, host a high-level event on the importance of safeguarding education financing as a means of empowering girls in the post-COVID recovery.
The session will feature keynote speeches from ministers and UN senior officials, followed by an interactive discussion with a diverse range of panelists representing government, the private sector, and youth advocates.
Time: 10.00 - 11.15 am EDT / 15.00 - 16.15 CET / 17.00 - 18.15 EAT
- Welcoming remarks and statements by the co-hosts of the 2018 GPE Financing Conference
- Nicolas de Rivière, Ambassador, Permanent Mission of France to the UN
- Marie Bassene, Minister Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Senegal to the UN
- Keynote speeches:
- Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Hon. Wendy Morton, Minister for the European Neighborhood and the Americas, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Prof. George Magoha, EGH, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Education, Republic of Kenya
- Video from GPE
- Interactive dialogue moderated by GPE CEO Alice Albright. Panelists include:
- Hon. Helen Grant, UK Special Envoy for Girls' Education
- Ruth Kagia, Deputy Chief of Staff (Policy and Strategy) to President Uhuru Kenyatta
- Kate Behncken, Vice President of Microsoft Philanthropies
- Shradha Koirala, GPE Youth Advocate and Senior Program Coordinator for National Campaign for Education Nepal
- Closing remarks by GPE CEO Alice Albright
Please register by March 16, 2021.