As part of the “Raise your hand” global campaign, GPE is organizing a national launch in Spain, in collaboration with ProFuturo, Telefonica Foundation, La ”Caixa“ Foundation, and Campaña Mundial por la Educación. The event is aimed at generating public momentum in Spain and raising awareness on the importance of continued investment in global education, especially following the negative social and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
High-level speakers will be joined by Olympic champion swimmer Teresa Perales to discuss the world’s efforts in global education and how education systems can move forward from COVID-19 disruptions.
- Ángeles Moreno Bau, Secretary of State for International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation, Spain
- Teresa Perales, Olympic champion swimmer
- Serigne Thiam, Minister of Water and Sanitation and GPE Vice Chair, Senegal
- Magdalena Brier Lopez, General Manager, ProFuturo Foundation Spain
- Alice P. Albright, CEO of the Global Partnership for Education
- Fernando Mudarra, CEO of Ayuda en Acción, Global Campaign for Education
- Mohamed Sidibay, Peace activist and GPE youth champion
- Mónica, Young activist from 'Movimiento niñas con igualdad', Plan International, Paraguay
- Maria Tokwani, Education Specialist, World Vision Zimbabwe
- Alejandra Agudo, Journalist, El País development section ‘Planeta Futuro’.
Friday, November 6; 14:00 - 15:00 CET / 08:00 - 09:00 EST