This webinar discussed how to shape children’s ideas around gender roles and practices, both in and out of the classroom.
Seeing the opportunity for early intervention around gender stereotypes in preschools, Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) and Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) joined forces with ministries of education, teachers and teacher trainers in Rwanda, South Africa and Zambia to develop a ‘gender-responsive pedagogy for early childhood education’ (GRP4ECE) toolkit.
- Introduce the gender-responsive pedagogy for early childhood education toolkit,
- Present a case study discussion on challenges and opportunities in implementing the toolkit in Zambia,
- Share opportunities for application of the toolkit in additional country contexts.
MODERATOR: Christin McConnell, Education Specialist, GPE Secretariat
- Martha R.L. Muhwezi, Executive Director, FAWE Uganda
- Anna Murru, Global Partnership Manager, VVOB
- Dr. Haatembo Mooya, Lecturer, University of Zambia