Our vision is the UN Global Goal for education:
To ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
To mobilize global and national efforts to contribute to the achievement of equitable, quality education and learning for all, through inclusive partnership, a focus on effective and efficient education systems and increased financing.
GPE is committed to upholding the following principles in all aspects of our work:
- Education as a public good, a human right and an enabler of other rights.
- Focusing our resources on securing learning, equity, and inclusion for the most marginalized children and youth, including those affected by fragility and conflict.
- Achieving gender equality
- Enabling inclusive, evidence-based policy dialogue that engages national governments, donors, civil society, teachers, philanthropy and the private sector.
- Providing support that promotes country ownership and nationally identified priorities, and is linked to country performance in achieving improved equity and learning.
- Improving development effectiveness through harmonization and aligning aid to country systems.
- Promoting mutual accountability and transparency across the partnership.
- Acting on our belief that inclusive partnership is the most effective means of achieving development results.