Janet’s role in supporting gender equality
Janet is the founder of the Inua Dada Foundation, whose mission is to create a supportive and accessible environment for girls and women in Kenya. The foundation conducts research to identify barriers to learning and works with partners to implement sustainable solutions.
With a focus on menstrual health management, the Inua Dada Foundation has empowered thousands of girls and women over the years and held various media and advocacy events that have reached thousands in Kenya and beyond.
The organization has introduced the #InuaDadaVoices program, which trains young people on digital advocacy to address social injustices, such as gender-based violence. The Inua Dada Center is working with women and girls from informal settlements, providing psychosocial support and access to information and products for menstrual health management.
Among the many awards and recognition Janet received, notable ones are:
- Winner of the World Association for Sexual Health Innovation in Education Award (Inua Dada Foundation, 2021)
- Top 25 Women in Digital Media in Kenya (2018)
- Top 40 Under 40 award by Business Daily Africa (2015)
Janet’s role as GPE champion
- Janet promotes the objectives, work and impact of GPE on her social media channels.
- She champions increased access to education by accompanying GPE visits to key stakeholders.
- She hosts, speaks at or moderates a variety of events on education and gender equality and may represent GPE at those events.
- She supports GPE advocacy and campaign efforts through messages to key partners and participation in campaign activities.