The Global Partnership for Education is pleased to invite you to the Washington D.C. launch of the 2017/18 Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report, Accountability in education: Meeting our commitments. The event will discuss different approaches to accountability in education systems, their effectiveness, and their implications.
- Moderator: Jeff Thindwa, Global Partnership for Social Accountability
- Manos Antoninis, Director, Global Education Monitoring Report
- Sarah Beardmore, Senior Strategy and Policy Specialist, Global Partnership for Education
- Jonathan Fox, Professor, American University
- Katie Malouf Bous, Policy Advisor, Education & Health, Oxfam International
About the GEM Report:
The report provides an annual assessment of progress towards the Sustainable Development Goal on education (SDG4) and its 10 targets, as well as other related education targets in the SDG agenda.
The 2017/18 GEM report examines different accountability mechanisms that are used to hold governments, schools, teachers, parents, students, civil society, the international community, and the private sector accountable for inclusive, equitable and quality education.