Organized by UNESCO, UNHCR and UNICEF, together with Education Cannot Wait (ECW) and Global Partnership for Education (GPE), this side meeting, as part of the June 28-30 Transforming Education Pre-Summit in Paris, brings together key stakeholders from governments, multilateral organizations, civil society, the teaching profession, and youth organizations.
The event aims to raise the attention of education partners and policy makers on the importance of Education in Emergencies and Protracted Crises (EiEPC) and to explore how children and adolescents' access to quality education can be sustained during crises.
- Stefania Giannini, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO;
- Yasmine Sherif, Director, Education Cannot Wait;
- Jo Bourne, Chief Technical Officer, Global Partnership for Education;
- Sajjad Malik, Director of Operations, UNHCR;
- Linda Jones, Senior Adviser Education in Emergencies, UNICEF;
- Leni Stenseth, Deputy Commissioner-General, UNRWA;
- Anita Vandenbeld, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of International Development, Government of Canada;
- Dean Brooks, Director, Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies;
- Petra Heusser, Coordinator, Geneva Global Hub for Education in Emergencies.
The meeting will be hybrid: online or in-person. It will be held in English, with simultaneous interpretation into Arabic and French.
Time: 10:00-11:30 ET / 14:00-15:30 GMT / 16:00-17:30 CET
For additional information or inquiries, please contact Lucía Liébana