Aid to education
Lux-Development (Lux-Dev), it’s Luxembourg’s agency for development cooperation and is responsible for administering Luxembourg’s bilateral aid.
Priority areas for development cooperation in education include:
- Vocational education (including access to employment)
- Teacher training and professional development
- Girls’ education.
In 2015, Luxembourg’s top recipients of aid to basic education were: Burkina Faso, Niger, Syria and Senegal.
Luxembourg’s most recent education strategy for development cooperation “The Road to 2030” outlines the following objectives:
- Improving access to quality basic social services - wellbeing for all (including health, water and sanitation; food security and nutrition; and education)
- Enhancing socio-economic integration of women and youth
- Promoting inclusive and sustainable growth
- Strengthening inclusive governance