Aid to education
Lux-Development (Lux-Dev), it’s Luxembourg’s agency for development cooperation and is responsible for administering Luxembourg’s bilateral aid.
Priority areas for development cooperation in education include:
- Vocational education (including access to employment)
- Teacher training and professional development
- Girls’ education.
In 2015, Luxembourg’s top 5 recipients of aid to basic education were: Burkina Faso, Niger, Syria and Senegal.
Luxembourg’s most recent education strategy for development cooperation outlines the following objectives:
- Achieving universal primary education
- Eliminating disparities between girls and boys
- Improving the quality of education in partner countries
- Improving capacity development within partner countries’ ministries of education.