This event aims to showcase the protective and preventative power of education as part of the solution to ending sexual violence in conflict.
The session will feature young leaders and survivors of sexual violence outlining their solutions for preventing sexual violence in and through education, the importance of hardwiring gender equality, and building gender-responsive and resilient education systems.
Policymakers will be invited to respond to their ideas and set out their vision and approach to building education systems that are gender transformative and put the safety and well-being of children front and center.
- Josephine Kamara, Purposeful and GPE Youth Leader
- Alicia Herbert, FCDO Director and Special Envoy for Gender Equality
- Suresh Chhetry, Brave Movement
- Yasmine Sherif, ECW/rep for Safe to Learn coalition
- David Sengeh, Minister of Education, Sierra Leone
- Nadine Tunasi, Survivor Champion
Time: 10:45 - 12:00 ET / 15:45 - 17:00 GMT / 16:45 - 18:00 CET