Opportunities for Engagement with GPE
GPE is exploring the business community's interest in three specific engagement avenues between now and its replenishment in early 2018:
- The Data Challenge: we know that the quality, timeliness, availability and use of data to inform education planning and policies is a challenge across GPE partner countries. This work is starting at the global level, where we are exploring the potential to develop a new online digital data platform to improve the consistency and timeliness of data from countries.
- Disaster Risk Finance: GPE hopes to engage the insurance industry as advocates for education inclusion in disaster risk mechanisms, as well as thought-leadership and collaboration to bring this to fruition. This segment of the business community is also called upon to support education sector planning in developing countries.
- Replenishment Event: Business partners are encouraged to showcase their social impact and innovation capabilities at this global forum comprised of high level GPE partners in government, non-governmental organizations, multilateral banks and agencies, philanthropy, and the civil society. Sponsorship opportunities include: exhibition space, etc.
In addition to these engagement areas, GPE is looking to its thematic work as potential avenues for business collaboration:
- Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE): Through the Better Early Learning for Development at Scale (BELDS) initiative, GPE is expanding its work in ECCE and in 2018 will reach out to the business community for collaboration in a number of areas, including advocacy.
- Gender Equality: GPE is keen to work with the private sector in support of the many proven investments that overcome the barriers to gender equality in education. These include ensuring safe and secure schools, hiring more female teachers, developing gender sensitive teacher training and learning materials, providing cash transfers, scholarships or stipends, awareness-raising campaigns and community mobilization, amongst others.
GPE welcomes further discussion and ideas and looks forward to working closely with like-minded business community partners to achieve our mutual goals and to secure a prosperous and safe future for current and future generations.
If interested in discussing any opportunity, please get in touch with Alex Palacios firstname.lastname@example.org or Lydia Murimi email@example.com at the GPE Secretariat.