It’s been a big year for education!
The UN marked the first year anniversary of the adoption of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, including goal 4 on “inclusive and equitable quality education for all”.
The International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity launched its report and agenda for action to create a “learning generation”.
And at GPE, we have also made some great progress:
- We adopted a new strategic plan, GPE 2020, that embraces the full vision of the sustainable development agenda
- We welcomed four new partner countries: Dominica, Grenada, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- We strengthened our model with a new results framework, a new gender equality policy and strategy, and a new monitoring and evaluation strategy.
- We published policy briefs and technical guidelines
- We received additional financial support from France, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the U.S.A.
- We reached US$4.6 billion allocated in grants to partner countries.
- We supported countries in crisis, like Haiti after hurricane Matthew and Chad, with the influx of refuges and internally displaced populations in the Lake Chad region.
- And finally, we joined forces with our new global ambassador: Rihanna
Watch our year in review: