In September 2019, the Global Campaign for Education (GCE) commissioned the National Foundation for Education Research to undertake the end line evaluation of the Civil Society Education Fund, 2016-2019 (CSEF III).
The purposes of the evaluation were to:
- reflect on the intended and unintended outcomes achieved by CSEF;
- examine the relevance of the CSEF objectives and theory of change;
- map the contribution of CSEF to the GPE’s objectives;
- identify lessons to support the future of the GCE Movement;
- map the contribution of CSEF to GCE goals;
- assess transition to Education Out Loud (EOL).
This final evaluation presents the key findings and conclusions and gives information on how relevant to stakeholder needs the CSEF III Program was, what results the program achieved, what are the changes, intended and unintended, at the global, regional and national levels brought about by CSEF III, and how effectively stakeholders supported the CSEF III objectives, among others.