The webinar, organized by Ecobank and Ecobank Foundation – GPE’s partner on the Girls’ Education Awareness Program – was about girls and young women who break the bias, deciding to study in less traditional sectors like Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM).
The event was intended to inspire young girls to take up career opportunities in fields perceived as non-traditional for women. It coincided with the International Girls in ICT Day and aimed to contribute to the empowerment of girls and young women, encouraging them towards opportunities in STEM fields.
The webinar was moderated by Elisa Desbordes, COO of Ecobank Foundation.
- Angel Mbuthia, GPE youth leader from Kenya
- Asimawu Tahiru, GPE youth leader from Ghana
- Esther Kangbiete, Program of Excellence for Women in Africa (PEWA)
- Arielle Kitio, Founder of the Cameroon Youth School Tech Incubator (CAYSTI)
- Martha Muhwezi, CEO of FAWE Secretariat
- Djiba Diallo, Senior Fintech Advisor, Ecobank Group
- Cheick Travaly, Ecobank Regional Executive (CESA)
Time: 08:00-09:30 ET / 12:00-13:30 GMT / 14:00-15:30 CET
The event was available in both French and English.
It was also livestreamed, and simultaneously streamed in selected Ecobank offices and branches in Kenya, Zimbabwe, and Ghana.