For more than a decade, international donors have consistently and generously funded education services in Syria, providing a refuge for children living through violent conflict.
Syria is not a GPE partner country but has received close to $29 million in funding with exceptional approval by the GPE Board through the Whole of Syria structure.
A report, commissioned by UNICEF and prepared by the Victoria Institute of Strategic Economic Studies of Victoria University in Melbourne, looks at what will happen if new investments in the education system are not made.
This webinar presents the findings of that report and supports GPE’s commitment to knowledge sharing and supporting the needs of partners. It aims to:
- Share concrete evidence of the impact of investment in education systems in Syria and other fragile and conflict affected contexts;
- Share ongoing efforts for continued and systemic investments in education in Syria and other fragile and conflict affected contexts.
- Jo Bourne, Chief Technical Officer, GPE
- Rob Jenkins, Global Chief of Education, UNICEF
- Friedrich Affolter, Chief of Education, UNICEF Syria
- Professor Dr. Bruce Rasmussen, Victoria Institute of Strategic Economic Studies
Time: 09:00-10:00 ET / 13:00-14:00 GMT / 15:00-16:00 CET