Julia Gillard will join UK Special Envoy for Girls' Education Baroness Sugg and youth advocates for a dialogue on how COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is affecting girls' education around the world.
The joint event, organized by GPE, UNGEI and the FCO Platform for Girls' Education, will look at the complexities of a health emergency colliding with a pre-existing learning crisis, paying particular attention to the gender-related impacts of COVID-19 on education.
The event is being moderated by Maryam and Nivaal Rahman. Panelists include:
- Julia Gillard, Board Chair of the Global Partnership for Education
- Baroness Sugg, UK Special Envoy for Girls’ Education
- Marjina, Commonwealth Youth Gender and Equality Network
- Pauline, Girls Advocacy Alliance Liberia (DCI)
- Cynthia, Girls Advocacy Alliance Kenya (Plan International)
Watch the recording of the event