For International Women's Day 2020, Rotary International and the Global Partnership for Education organize an event titled "Equality in education" in Washington, DC.
GPE and Rotary will highlight their support and investment in girls’ education. GPE works across almost 70 developing partner countries and promote gender equality in and through education. Rotary will present the basic education and literacy projects of women Rotary members, who have long been leaders and change agents in countless communities across the globe.
- Keiko Miwa, Regional Director, Human Development, Middle East and North African, The World Bank Group
- Alice Albright, Chief Executive Officer, Global Partnership for Education
- Geeta Manek, Incoming Trustee, The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
- Carolyn Johnson, Rotary leader for the Guatemala Literacy Project
- Brenda Erickson, Rotary leader for “Souns” Early Literacy Project in South Africa, Puerto Rico, and the United States
Alex Palacios, Director, North America, Private Sector and Foundations, Global Partnership for Education
World Bank Headquarters
1818 H Street NW
Washington, DC, 20433