Join us May 19, 2021 at 13:00-14:00 CET for Raise Your Hand & Support Her Education, the launch of SHE - Support Her Education, a girls' education initiative by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany.
Tune in live as UN Messenger of Peace Malala Yousafzai joins Dr. Maria Flachsbarth, the Parliamentary State Secretary in the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany, and Julia Gillard, former Australian Prime Minister and Chair of the Global Partnership for Education, for an event on the power of girls' education to shape our collective future.
Organized by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany, GPE and Malala Fund, and hosted by Anna Dushime, the event will feature youth leaders and advocates, government officials, and private sector representatives all committed to breaking down the barriers standing between girls and their right to learn and thrive.
Time: 07:00-08:00 ET / 13:00-14:00 CET
Full list of speakers
- Dr. Maria Flachsbarth, Parliamentary State Secretary, BMZ Germany
- Malala Yousafzai, Co-founder, Malala Fund
- Julia Gillard, Board Chair, Global Partnership for Education
Global Education Summit Co-hosts:
- Wendy Morton, Minister for European Neighbourhood and the Americas, United Kingdom
- Prof. Margaret Kobia, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Public Service and Gender, Kenya
- Jayathma Wickramanayake, UN Secretary-General's Envoy on Youth
- Armel Azihar Sly-vania, GPE Youth Leader, the Comoros
- Fatu Sewanatu Mansaray, GPE Youth Leader, Sierra Leone
- Sonita Alizadah, GPE Youth Leader, Afghanistan
Government and private sector partners:
- Colm Brophy, Minister of State for Overseas Development Aid and Diaspora, Ireland
- His Excellency Dr. Tariq Al Gurg, Chief Executive Officer at Dubai Cares and Regional Champion of GPE
- Arancha González Laya, Minister of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation, Spain
- Reem Ebrahim Al Hashimy, Minister of State for International Cooperation, United Arab Emirates
- Josephine Anan-Ankomah, Group Executive for Commercial Banking, Ecobank Transnational Inc.
- Dr. David Armstrong, Consulting Partner, PwC
- Patricia Danzi, Director-General of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, Switzerland
- Franz Fayot, Minister of the Economy & Minister for Development Cooperation & Humanitarian Affairs, Luxembourg
- Katrina Fotovat, Senior Official, State Department Office of Global Women’s Issues, United States
- Meryame Kitir, Minister for Development Cooperation, Belgium
- Delphine O, Ambassador, Secretary General for the Generation Equality Forum, France
- Marina Sereni, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Italy
- Ville Skinnari, Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade, Finland
- Dag-Inge Ulstein, Minister of International Development, Norway