The Education Development Trust and the Education Commission are hosting this virtual event to explore the key priorities for school and district-level leaders in the context of the COVID-19 crisis and school re-opening, including discussions on:
- Emerging international evidence on the changing role of school and district-level leaders during the crisis
- Promising practices: What examples of effective instructional leadership have emerged during COVID-19?
- What new kinds of leadership are emerging beyond the school in response to the crisis, including leadership at district and sub-district level?
- How are leaders leading for equity and what more can be done?
- What are the key questions that we should be exploring as part of our research agenda?
Dr. Liesbet Steer, Director, Education Commission
Teopista Birungi Mayanja, Education Commissioner
Dr. Asmaa Al-Fadala, Director of Research and Content Development, WISE
Tony McAleavy, Research Director, EDT
H.E. Dr Tayseer Al-Noiami, Minister of Education, Jordan
Dr Irenee Ndayambaje, Director General, Rwanda Education Board
Cheryl Ann Fernando, Director, Global School Leaders, Malaysia
Fernando Giménez Zapiola, Academic Director, Varkey Foundation, Argentina