Education in Georgia
- Georgia joined GPE in 2007.
- At that time, partners endorsed Georgia’s Consolidated Education Strategy and Action Plan, covering the period 2007-2011.
- Georgia has not received GPE grants, but GPE worked with the government to support the process of developing and implementing its education strategy.
- The GPE approach also encouraged collaboration in the education sector in Georgia: partners from civil society organizations and development agencies were invited by the ministry of Education to form an inter-agency group assisting the ministry in the development of the strategy.
- GPE has also provided the Georgian Coalition for Education for All (GCEFA) with a grant from the Civil Society Education Fund, to support its engagement in education sector policy dialogue and citizens’ voice in education quality, equity, and financing and sector reform.
Latest blogs and news
August 10, 2021
How can data be transformed into policy so that children everywhere, even the most disadvantaged, can realize their right to learn? Read how a project has helped countries like Lao PDR, Georgia and Mongolia...
Last updated September 09, 2021