The mission of the Ministry of Education of Eritrea during implementation of the new Education Sector Plan 2018-2022 is "to provide a quality and relevant education consistent with the national aspirations to all Eritrean."
The sector plan sets as its main strategic priorities in order to meet the sustainable development goal 4 (SDG 4):
- the improvement of quality learning,
- improving access to quality early childhood education and school readiness,
- equity in view of social justice,
- relevance, access, efficiency and inclusiveness in Basic and Secondary Education with special attention to children with disability, the girl child and children from disadvantaged communities
- the expansion of adult and non-formal education and the promotion of continued lifelong learning.
Visit country page: Eritrea